We’ve all been there. There’s always that one blouse that is a bit too long that poses the question: to tuck in, or not to tuck in? Your first instinct is to tuck it in, but this ends up feeling too stuffy. On the other hand, if you just let it all hang out it will look like an awkward tunic mess. What to do?
Here is where the”half-tuck” comes into play, which is supposed to look effortlessly, messily cool. Either tuck a bit of the front in and leave the back out, or one side in the front. Whenever I used to try it, it would just look awkward, and I got afraid that people would think I forgot to tuck in the rest of my shirt after going to the bathroom or something. Once I got over that irrational fear, I started wearing blouses like this all the time, and now tucking in a shirt all the way feels boring. I think it adds a fun, interesting element to any look when styled properly!
Here are 5 of my favorite ways of styling the “half-tucked” look:
1. Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere rocks this look with a breezy blouse and tailored shorts.
2. I love this trend with boyfriend jeans!
3. Use the half-tuck to look laid back but still polished.
4. Blair Eadie masters this look over a preppy skirt.
5. This look is perfect for balancing out a boyfriend shirt.
Are you a fan of this trend?